A quick DIY!
I will be moving into my first apartment soon! I’m pretty excited. So to get ready I’m gonna be doing a few small projects here and there.
My first one was this super cute vintage suitcase side table. It’s pretty simple and good if you’re on a budget.
One vintage suitcase- I got mine for just $6.95 at a local thrift store. It was a great find!
4 table leg mounts- You can pick these up for just $1.68 a piece at Lowe’s.
4 table legs- I found mine right next to the mounts for just $5.28 a piece also at Lowe’s
Coordinating paint- for the small amount of paint needed you can buy a small sample size of any color at any Home Depot or Lowe’s.
Drill for hardware
A ruler/measure tape and some chalk
- When you buy your vintage suitcase you may want to clean it up a little before you start working on it. Anything like furniture cleaner would probably do the job.
- Measure out your suit case and use your chalk to mark where you would like to place the leg mounts. It’s definitely worth mentioning that you can choose to only use 3 legs if you prefer or it better suits your suitcase!
- Once you have these placed your mounts you will want to use the included screws to drill them into place. Be careful that these screws may come through the other side. If they do a simple fix with a small rubber stopper can cover them up.
- Once you have all your mounts in place you can go right ahead and screw in your legs.
- For the legs you can stain or paint them to match your suitcase. The legs come raw from the store and are pretty easy to paint of course.
Enjoy your cute new side table!
** please excuse the mess in the pictures, we were in the process of moving in!